Cell Block 80™ – The Ingredients & Research
1.DM33™ Prickly Pear (Opuntia ficus-indica) 9:1Flower Extract
Amount: 85mg per veg capsule, 170mg per day
Primary: Block Estrogen and Block DHT
Secondary: Reduce water retention, support prostate health
Claims: Based on preliminary laboratory research, Opuntia flower extract (1 mg/ml concentration) inhibited over 80% of the activity of 5-alpha reductase in human prostate tissue homogenate and over 80% of aromatase activity in human placenta tissue homogenate.*
- Jonas A, Rosenblat G, Krapf D, Bitterman W, Earon G, Neeman I. Efficacy of cactus flowers miller treatment in benign prostatic hyperplasia due to inhibition of 5α reductase activity, aromatase activity and lipid peroxidation. HerbaMed paper; undated. Available at: http://www.herbamed.com/Portals/0/articles/Opuntia.pdf.
- Palevitch D., Earon G., Levin I., Treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy with Opuntia ficus-indica (L.) Miller. Journal of herbs, spices & medicinal plants. J. herbs spices med. plants 1993. v. 2 (1) p. 45-49.
- Galati EM, Tripodo MM, Trovato A, Miceli N, Monforte MT. Biological effect of Opuntia ficus indica (L.) Mill. (Cactaceae) waste matter. Note I: diuretic activity. J Ethnopharmacol. 2002 Jan;79(1):17-21. PMID: 11744290.
- Alimi H, Hfaiedh N, Bouoni Z, Sakly M, Ben Rhouma K. Evaluation of antioxidant and antiulcerogenic activities of Opuntia ficus indica f. inermis flowers extract in rats. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2011 Nov;32(3):406-16. Epub 2011 Aug 19. PMID: 22004960.
- NMCD Monograph Prickly Pear (Opuntia ficus indica).8.24.12
2. Nettle (Urtica dioica) (root) extract 12:1 (3,4 divanillyltetrahydrofuran)
Amount: 50mg per veg capsule, 100mg per day
Function: Bind SHBG
Claims: Based on in vitro research stinging nettle root extract was found to inhibit the binding of DHT to SHBG.
- Schöttner M, Gansser D, Spiteller G. Lignans from the roots of Urtica dioica and their metabolites bind to human SHBG. Planta Med. 1997;63(6):529-32. PMID: 9434605.
- Schöttner M, Spiteller G, Gansser D. Lignans interfering with 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone binding to human SHBG. J Nat Prod. 1998 Jan;61(1):119-21. PMID: 9461660.
- Gansser D, Spiteller G. Plant constituents interfering with human SHBG. Evaluation of a test method and its application to Urtica dioica root extracts. Z Naturforsch C. 1995;50(1-2):98-104. PMID: 7702715.
- Hryb DJ, Khan MS, Romas NA, Rosner W. The effect of extracts of the roots of the stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) on the interaction of SHBG with its receptor on human prostatic membranes. Planta Med. 1995;61(1):31-2. PMID: 7700987.
- NMCD Monograph Stinging Nettle (Urtica diocia).8.24.12
3. Sensoril® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root and Leaf Extract (10% Withanolides)
Amount: 125mg per veg capsule, 250mg per day
Primary: Increase Testosterone precursor, DHEA, by as much as 32% and decrease Cortisol by as much as 24%.
Secondary: Decrease fatigue by up to 79.3%
Claims: Based on a Randomized, Double-Blind, Palcebo Controlled, Human Clinical Trial involving 130 healthy adults (95 men) taking Sensoril® Ashwagandha (125 mg, twice daily) for 60 days, increased DHEA, by as much as 32.2% and decreased Cortisol by as much as 24.2%.
- Auddy B, Hazra J, Mitra A, et al. A standardized Withania Somnifera extract significantly reduces stress-related parameters in chronically stressed humans: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. JANA. 2008;11:50-56.
- Mahdi AA, Shukla KK, Ahmad MK, et al. Withania somnifera Improves Semen Quality in Stress-Related Male Fertility. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2009 Sep 29. PMID: 19789214.
- Ahmad MK, Mahdi AA, Shukla KK, et al. Withania somnifera improves semen quality by regulating reproductive hormone levels and oxidative stress in seminal plasma of infertile males. Fertil Steril. 2010;94(3):989-96. PMID: 19501822.
- NMCD Monograph Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera).8.24.12
Patents: Sensoril® Patent #’s 6,153,198 & 6,713,092
4. Boron Citrate (Supplying 5% elemental boron)
Amount: 100mg per veg capsule (supplying 5mg elemental boron), 200mg per day (supplying 10mg elemental boron)
Function: Increase Free Testosterone
Claims: Based on a pilot study involving 8 healthy men, taking boron (5 mg, twice daily) for one week resulted in a trend toward increased Free Testosterone within the normal range. It also may impact steroid metabolism in humans, affecting the levels of estrogen and testosterone.
- Naghii MR, Mofid M, Asgari AR, et al. Comparative effects of daily and weekly boron supplementation on plasma steroid hormones and proinflammatory cytokines. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2011;25(1):54-8. PMID: 21129941.
- Naghii MR, Samman S. The effect of boron supplementation on its urinary excretion and selected cardiovascular risk factors in healthy male subjects. Biol Trace Elem Res. 1997;56(3):273-86. PMID: 9197924.
- Penland JG. The importance of boron nutrition for brain and psychological function. Biol Trace Elem Res. 1998;66:299-317.
- Boron Monograph. Alt Med Rev. 2004;9:434-437.