Clean Machine Athlete: Natalie Matthews
Athlete Quick Stats
• Vegan Pro Surfer & NFF Pro Bikini Athlete
“I’m a professional surfer, vegan chef, fitness and lifestyle model, cookbook author and Bikini Pro competitor.
I was born and raised on the beautiful Island of Puerto Rico, and I have always shown an interest in living a healthy and active lifestyle. I began surfing competitively at the professional level at the age of sixteen. Professional surfing required a level of athleticism and commitment that sparked my interest in living a healthier lifestyle. My athletic pursuits combined with other life altering events inspired me to become a compassionate, cruelty-free, vegan.
In February 2016, I attended the Living Light Culinary Institute in Fort Bragg California where I graduated as a Raw Chef and Raw Pastry Chef. Attending this school was one of the best experiences of my life, and I will remember it forever. Seeing how happy people are when they eat delicious healthy food made me so excited to share this passion with the world.
I recently published my first eBook Puerto Vegan. I’m constantly inspired by my culture and the distinct tastes of the Caribbean. Puerto Vegan (eBook) is full of delicious, healthy, Puerto Rican, vegan recipes. Most of the recipes are low in fat and all of the gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, or oil-free recipes are clearly tagged to help easily identify any allergens.
I am determined to inspire others through fitness and healthy eating because I believe in veganism and the positive impact my choices have on my health, the environment, and the welfare of animals. I know I can make a difference by showing the world how delicious and healthy cruelty-free foods can be.”
COMPETITIVE PLACINGS & MEDIA
- – 2017 NFF Super Show Austin, TX: 1st Place Open Bikini and Overall Winner Open Bikini Pro-Card Champ
- 2017 – NFF Mind.Body.Fuel Show: Placed 1st in Novice Bikini – Placed 2nd in Open Bikini – And Novice Overall Champion!
- 2017 – NPC Phil Heath Expo: 2nd Place Open Bikini – Nationally Qualified
- 2012-2013 Corona Extra Pro Surfing Circuit Year Ranking- 7th place Overall Year Standing
- Women Qualifier for VQS CHAMPS Newport Beach, CA
- 2011 – Volcom Catfish Surf Series Aviones, Puerto Rico- 3rd Place open
- 2010-2011 – Corona Extra Pro Surfing Circuit Year Ranking- 8th place Overall Year Standing
- 2009 ESA Mid-Atlantic Regionals/ Isabela, Puerto Rico-7th Place Women Overall Year Standing
- 2008 – ESA Year Ranking / 3rd Place Women Qualifier for Mid-Atlantic Regionals
- 2008 – ESA Surf Contest/ Aviones, Puerto Rico-2nd Place Open
- 2008 – Second Battle of the Bones Surf Contest/ Puerto Rico-1st Place
- 2007 – ESA Battle of the Bones Surf Contest/Puerto Rico-3rd Place
“I was one girl away from winning that pro card. Everyone was amazed that I am Vegan, people were asking me all about it. It’s an amazing feeling to know that I inspired some people there to go vegan. I can’t wait to be on stage with the CMT team in June. It will be epic!”
Thank you for everything! Sincerely, Natalie
“I love sipping on CLEAN BCAA’s Fruit punch flavor during my workouts and after a surfing session to feel replenished and energized.” – Natalie