BCAAs: The Essential Amino Acids for Muscle Growth and Recovery
What are branched-chain amino acids or BCAA’s and how can they help you?
Proteins are made of amino acids linked together. Branched-Chain Amino Acids are 3 of the 9 essential amino acids (Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine) that get their name because they are branched in their chemical structure.
BCAA’s can help you recover faster from your workouts. They can help repair muscle damage and reduce muscle loss. They can also help increase muscle protein synthesis by up to 33% more than taking protein alone.
Some of the BCAA’s on the market are made from human hair, animal hair, or duck feathers. Yes, they're safe and legal to use but probably not where most of you would want to get your source of amino acids.
Many BCAA products also use soy lecithin, most likely from a GMO (genetically-modified-organism) source, and for people who are allergic to soy, that’s not helpful.
We here at Clean Machine® do things a bit differently. We only use vegan, plant-based, branch chain amino acids that are made from fermented non-GMO corn, sunflower lecithin instead of soy and coconut water powder for added electrolytes. That’s right, the BCAA’s in Clean Machine BCAA® are made from real food sources. Plus, we were one of the first to be soy free!
So, when you combine those three ingredients (sunflower lecithin, fermented non-GMO corn BCAA and coconut water) you have a very clean, naturally sourced product. This is our Unflavored Clean BCAA®.
BCAA Flavors: What Are Your Options?
BCAA’s don't taste very good all by themselves if you’re taking them alone, so we created a line of flavored BCAA’s that are delicious and refreshing.
*Did you know many companies use Castoreum, which is a compound that is produced by a beaver’s castor sacs, which are in the same vicinity as anal glands, to enhance their “natural flavors”? I don’t know about you, but that doesn’t sound very appetizing!
Clean Machine® only uses fruit and vegetable-sourced flavors and colors in our BCAA’s. We weren't just going to be flavored, we wanted to have the absolute best flavors in the market and the results speak for themselves!
Our Fruit Punch Flavored Clean BCAA® is almost too good to be true. When we first released them back in 2018, people who tried them went bonkers over the flavor. I think when you try it, you'll taste the difference between ours and most of the other artificially flavored BCAA’s on the market.
Since the Fruit Punch was so successful, we went forward with creating another flavor, Lemonade Clean BCAA®. I think we outdid ourselves with the lemonade. This lemonade flavor tastes amazing on ice. Mix a scoop into your ice water in a shaker cup and take it with you to your workout. It’s like a flashback to grandma’s lemonade that you can sip while you train!
Next, we launched our new flavor, Watermelon Clean BCAA®! It’s such a refreshing taste that reminds you of Summertime! It provides a thirst-quenching option to the other two flavors.
Zero sugars and low carb to keep your body lean. Who would have thought that you could treat yourself WHILE burning fat and protecting muscle during your workout?!
When to Take BCAAs for Muscle Growth and Recovery
As you probably know, when we participate in intense training in the gym or in high performance sports, it’s easy to deplete your electrolytes. So, drink BCAA’s during your workout and within 30-60 minutes before and afterward. Supplementation before and during a workout will top up your energy and create premium anabolic conditions. This quick energy infusion can be especially helpful if you eat a low-carb diet since you're not getting quick energy from carbohydrates.
When to Try Unflavored BCAAs for a Pure Amino Acid Experience
Using the branched chains prior to your workout or during your workout can help maintain your muscle mass so you don't lose what you worked hard to gain, and then using the unflavored in a protein shake or with a protein-packed food after workout, can give you that added muscle protein synthesis you need to recover fast and get back to the gym!
Because most people don't like adding a flavored BCAA to their protein, we created an Unflavored Clean BCAA® to be added to your post-workout shake. This major study shows that when adding BCAA’s to your protein or an essential amino acid source, your body can improve muscle protein synthesis by up to 33%!
Two different options...before and after...to maximize the benefits, maintain your gains, and stimulate muscle protein synthesis post-workout. Now you've got all the options you need and three different flavors (fruit punch, lemonade and watermelon) to enjoy throughout your workouts. Branched-chain amino acids from Clean Machine® are clean, easy, and always non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free.
BCAA Studies: Where Does the Research Come From?
- BCAA’s Beat Whey Protein for Muscle, Strength and Fat Loss
- BCAA’s 33% more Muscle Protein Synthesis than protein alone
- BCAA’s increase strength 40%
- BCAAs help with fat loss
Please keep in mind when reading this post or consuming any information on our website:
- Clean Machine strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program. You should be in good physical condition and be able to participate in the exercise. Clean Machine is not a licensed medical care provider and represents that it has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
- You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this or any exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Clean Machine from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Clean Machine’s content.
- The information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website. Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice.
- Clean Machine (cleanmachineonline.com) is not responsible for or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site. You are encouraged to consult with your doctor about the information contained on or through this website. After reading articles, watching videos, or reading other content from this website, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional healthcare provider.